Saturday, July 22, 2006
1. Crash Test Dummies - MMM MMM MMM
2. Bobby Mc Ferris - Don't worry be happy
3. 4 Non Blondes - What's going on
* If you are ballsy enough to play these back to back to back, not only will you kill the party and probably not get laid, but people might start kicking your ass!!! BACK DA FUCK UP!!
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Monday, June 26, 2006
Sunday, June 25, 2006
Friday, June 02, 2006
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Friday, May 19, 2006
Friday, May 05, 2006
Saturday, April 29, 2006
Monday, April 24, 2006
Guy with wig: Some girl wanted one of my beers so I told her to hold my balls first.
Overheard by me
Friday, April 21, 2006
"Wild Zero": If you like Guitar Wolf and you like zombies see this. Some highlights include: a tender romantic moment between 2 zombies and Guitar Wolf slices a UFO with his samurai guitar sword!! This flick also has an awesome soundtrack. Guitar Wolf played at my birthday party 3 years ago with Coachwhips and Lost Sounds and it fucking rocked- RIP Bass Wolf
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
this summer in NY somewhere in a parking lot.
Chop open some coconuts and pour the coconut juice into a blender, add some vanilla extract, add some nuts and blend it up. Serve with ice for some chilled nut milk. Refreshing and healthy. All your friends will love nut milk
Pimp out your snacks to the limit at Pimp My Snacks
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Here's a few records my girl Gina from Addvice gave me this month that I kinda liked.
"Danger Room" Dan the Automator + Casual
"Run the Table" Jak-X rmx by Overseer was a pretty bangin dance song
"Sexy Results" DFA1979- These Canadians are cool. They're a little too serious for my tastes but this record was nice.
Plus check out rad oreo cookie art by little kids
Monday, April 03, 2006
1. Caveman: This has all the elements you want to see in a prehistoric dinosaur movie- Giant pterodactyl sunny-side-up breakfast eggs, stepping into giant dinosaur shit, the first gay cavemen, smashing giant mosquitoes on your bro's face, the dramatic discovery of fire, and subsequently the discovery of BBQ'd chicken soon thereafter, and of course giant dinosaurs stop motion animation style! not that crappy CGI shit.
2. Pulse: Creepy ass ghost story about ghosts entering our realm via the internet. There's some scary original ghost scenes in this one. Plus the director gives some great filmmaking techniques in the special features secion - great suspense building techniques for all you budding filmmakers.
3. Rockers: Dread lock rasta guy trying to make a living gets jacked by mobsters so he gathers together his crew of dreads and gets his revenge. They're like a Jamaican version of Ocean's 11. My favorite part is when they hijack a DJ booth at a club and play their reggae records. If you liked "The Harder They Come" this is a must see. Why are Jamaican movies so colorful?? It's like looking at Skittles the whole time. These movies always make me wanna go to Jamaica.
4. Fitzcarraldo: Werner Herzog flick about a guy who wants to build an opera house in the Amazon jungles- but due to a bad geographical logistic problem he needs to carry his big ass boat over a mountain with the help of scary natives. Klaus Kinksi is really funny in this one.
5. Burden of Dreams: A documentary about the making of Fitzcarraldo. Originally Mick Jagger was supposed to be in it! I'm amazed the movie even got made with all the bad luck that happened- someone even got attacked by and shot in the neck by giant razor sharp arrows by some real natives in the jungle. Werner Herzog is a crazy dude. I kinda liked this better than the actual film actually.
6. Gozu: If David Lynch made a Yakuza movie this would be it. BEWARE! There's lots of disturbing images and situations here- ie. incestual adult breast feeding, spoons up the asshole sex, etc- but if you handle that sort of thing then it's quite enjoyable.
7. Assault on Precinct 13(the original one): This is literally like a zombie movie without the zombies. So if you are scared of zombie movies, but would like the experience of watching one, watch this.
Saturday, March 18, 2006
Friday, March 17, 2006
Thursday, March 16, 2006
Sunday, February 05, 2006
Saturday, January 28, 2006
Friday, January 27, 2006
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
See why Roxy Pain was shut down on WFMU's Cherry Blossom Clinic after a blistering 7 songs. This is a New York band that completely slays- don't sleep on them all you blogger music heads. They play at Tonic on Thursday Jan.19th so go to that show. Don't be a pussy. Plus band members Kayrock and Wolfy make the best posters and t-shirts in town so call them if you need silkscreened originals. They've made shirts/posters for everyone from Mission of Burma to Fucking Champs to Yeahyeahyeahs to most every badass band in NYC.
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Hey meat lovers, ever had panda meat, or bald eagle meat?? Now's you chance. EndangeredMeat.com Be sure to check out the commercial. I think Franz from Bastardly would be interested in this. He found an old cookbook from the 60's with lost ground beef recipes, and is going to throw a meat-fest party soon. He was also the founder of the pork trifecta breakfast sandwich (bacon,ham,sausage) way back inna day. In other meat news- Dumont Burger on Bedford Ave has some mini burgers that are bangin'. I think there's a veggie burger too for the veggie heads.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
I knew that little twerp was a big phony! "...The New York article, written by Stephen Beachy, portrayed Ms. Albert, 40, and Mr. Knoop, 39, as unfulfilled rock musicians who concocted the character of JT Leroy to gain access first to literary circles and, later, to celebrities." Unfullifilled rock musicians? man these writers must hate each other haha